From: Gilad Berman <gber...@lenovo.com>
Subject: Re: [xcat-user] Local scratch for stateless compute nodes
Date: Tue, Nov 28, 2017 8:34 PM

Yuan Bai hello,

I did follow exactly those instructions (although I am pretty sure the litefile table part is not needed for the stateless image) but I still see nothing happening on the nodes. I suspect that either there is no piece of code for stateless that handle localdisk or I am missing something very basic.

Have you tried it with stateless? Where can I find the code and how I can debug it?    I can’t find anything related to partition nor local disk setup in the logs.

Here is my local disk file –

enable=yes

enablepart=yes

[disk]

dev=/dev/sda

clear=yes

parts=1,19,80

[swapspace]

dev=/dev/sda1

[localspace]

dev=/dev/sda2

fstype=ext4

[localspace]

dev=/dev/sda3

fstype=ext4

# lsdef -t osimage -o rhels7.3-x86_64-netboot-compute

Object name: rhels7.3-x86_64-netboot-compute

    exlist=/opt/xcat/share/xcat/netboot/rh/compute.rhels7.x86_64.exlist

    imagetype=linux

    osarch=x86_64

    osdistroname=rhels7.3-x86_64

    osname=Linux

    osvers=rhels7.3

    otherpkgdir=/install/post/otherpkgs/rhels7.3/x86_64

    partitionfile=/install/custom/netboot/localdisk

    permission=755

    pkgdir=/install/rhels7.3/x86_64

    pkglist=/opt/xcat/share/xcat/netboot/rh/compute.rhels7.x86_64.pkglist

    postinstall=/opt/xcat/share/xcat/netboot/rh/compute.rhels7.x86_64.postinstall

    profile="">

    provmethod=netboot

    rootimgdir=/install/netboot/rhels7.3/x86_64/compute

    synclists=/install/custom/netboot/compute.synclist

THX!!

http://lenovocentral.lenovo.com/marketing/branding/email_signature/images/gradient.gif

Gilad Berman
HPC Architect
Lenovo EMEA

Phone+972-52-2554262
Emailgber...@lenovo.com

Lenovo.com
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Blogs | Forums

DCG-Hardware