Hi Javier,

Here I tried to clarify your real actions. Could you want to use `confignics` to remove configured nics, then re-configure nics configured in nics table including IB nics?

If the answer is yes, I think you can use scripts order like "confignics -s -r; confignetwork --ibaports=2". "confignics -s -r" will configure install nic and remove some other nics, "confignetwork --ibaports=2" will configure all nics configured in nics table including IB. When "confignetwork --ibaports=2" start to configure IB (--ibports number depends on your own case), it will remove old IB configuration from the compute node, then start to configuration based on nics table.

So you do not need to consider using `confignics` to remove IB adapter from compute node before configuring IB, it removes old configuration every time. I carefully check `confignics`, you are right, the "confignics -s -r not removing ib0".

You may notice that `confignics` is deprecated in the doc, the new script is `confignetwork`. We noticed that `confignics -r` always make user confuse about `In which scenario, confignics can remove nics?`, so we let user to modify the updates by themselves, `confignetwork` will not do remove work. The old `confignics` is kept here, but we suggest use confignetwork.

Best Regards
Yuan Bai (白媛)

CSTL HPC System Management Development
Tel:86-10-82451401
E-mail: by...@cn.ibm.com
Address: IBM ZGC Campus. Ring Building 28,
ZhongGuanCun Software Park,No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District,
Beijing P.R.China 100193

IBM环宇大厦
北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号,中关村软件园28号楼
邮编:100193