Hi Keith,

1. ppc64le for POWER9 nodes :  mknb ppc64

2. We do not have P9 with hard RAID nodes, we use iprconfig, diskdiscover and configraid in P8 before. You can use iprconfig to check if there are raid devices. You can use iprconfig interactive mode to show devices, or "iprconfig -c show-config". xCAT hard RAID solution is here: https://xcat-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced/raid/hardware_raid.html?highlight=configraid

3. soft raid in xcat provision : https://xcat-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/guides/admin-guides/manage_clusters/ppc64le/diskful/customize_image/raid_cfg.html?highlight=raid

I think all these should be general for P8 and P9, if you have problem, you can paste here, we can have a look at it together.

Best Regards
Yuan Bai (白媛)

CSTL HPC System Management Development
Tel:86-10-82451401
E-mail: by...@cn.ibm.com
Address: IBM ZGC Campus. Ring Building 28,
ZhongGuanCun Software Park,No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District,
Beijing P.R.China 100193

IBM环宇大厦
北京市海淀区东北旺西路8号,中关村软件园28号楼
邮编:100193