> I'm having trouble running my unit tests over SSH after upgrading from Xcode
> 4 to Xcode 6.
>
> Test target MyCocoaApplicationTests encountered an error (Test session
> exited(-1) without checking in. If you believe this error represents a bug,
> please attach the log file at
> /var/folders/h2/xngxkxm15_93gm4n50p7s_mm0000gp/T/com.apple.dt.XCTest-status/Session-2015-01-15_12:35:52-0qPMDN.log)

Looks like xcodebuild is trying to launch a GUI process, which fails because
its process group wasn't created by launchd and so isn't allowed to connect to
the WindowServer. (You can create the same kind of error by trying to use the
'open' command from an SSH shell.)

Since you say this worked in Xcode 4, I guess the older test environment must
not have created a GUI process.

Have you looked at the Xcode continuous-integration support in OS X Server? It
can run automated tests.

—Jens