On 2 Apr 2015, at 2:07 PM, Carl Hoefs <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu> wrote:

> I can't get Xcode 6.2 to reveal documentation about dispatch_once in the
> RHS side panel. All it refers me to is once.h, which has no usefull
> information. I have to bring up the main Xcode documentation window and
> type it in there to get the documentation for it. All the other dispatch_*
> functions show up normally in the RHS panel just not dispatch_once.

I have a very funny Thurber allusion for this, but this is one of my scheduled
days for not being a jerk.

What you say is mildly interesting, but I can’t find a question for the
worldwide developer community in it. Can you clarify?

If you hope to alert Apple, very few engineers read this list, in their spare
time, and aren’t supposed to do much more than say, “that shouldn’t happen.
File a bug.”

Apparently the doc-browser content and QuickLook have separate indices, which I
wouldn’t have expected. It may have something to do with dispatch_once* being
macros, not functions, but explanation and correctness are orthogonal concepts.
The feedback process that starts with the flag on the page leads to a very
simple reporting form.

        — F