Is it possible to build a single app target and link it to one version or
another of a (3rd party) framework at runtime, depending on the OS X version
the user is running?

Specifically, my app runs on 10.6 or later, but adding Sparkle v1.11 requires
10.7 minimum. I understand I need to use Sparkle 1.5b for SL users, but I want
to build both the old and new versions of Sparkle into a single binary and have
the appropriate one linked to at run time.

Unfortunately, after a day of chasing red herrings (largely due to my own
relative ignorance of linking, compiling and frameworks), I’m still none the
wiser as to how to do this.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Best

Phil