> Yeah, Jens, I know.  Use the command line, I know, I know.
>
> Amazing.  Utterly amazing.

Well it’s good advice. This isn’t your first post about how the SCM inside
Xcode broke something, sometimes Xcode, sometimes the repository. So stop using
it. You’ve posted about this multiple times over multiple months or years.
Xcode’s SCM isn’t very good, feel free to file bugs against it to make it
better but find a workflow for your business which you can rely on. You say “I
know, I know” and perhaps you do know but it seems you keep hoping the next
time’s the charm.

I use Xcode to write, compile and debug code
I use Packages to make packages
I use git command line or Sourcetree to deal with SCM
I use Crossworks for all my ARM development
I use Dash to peruse documentation
I use KiCad to make circuit boards
I use vim generally because I’m ancient and my fingers have learned where the
keys are

Horses for courses. I don’t have one integrated Swiss Army knife to do
everything but I’ve never found that switching between applications to do tasks
was any harder than switching windows in one app and I get a tool someone has
lovingly written to do one exact thing. That option is a CMD-Tab away.

It’s nice that Xcode integrates with git enough to put an ‘M’ against modified
files, for everything else, there’s a better tool.

I do appreciate your agony with Xcode’s SCM but after this long it’s not
unreasonable to suggest you have stoically banged your head against the wall
for long enough. This is SCM, it’s what you do when you’re not writing code,
there’s too many options available to not find a better solution for your
company.