I am trying to set up a project that will build an application that contains
(e.g. in the Frameworks folder in the application bundle) a dylib that lives
under the user’s home folder (the user doing the building). This might seem
like an unusual thing to do, and it probably is (details below if anybody is
interested). My xcode question is whether it is possible to have a file
reference in an xcode project that is relative to the user’s home folder? I
can’t see any way of doing that (I am looking at the popup that says “relative
to group”, “relative to project”, “absolute path” etc). Setting an absolute
path breaks if a different user (on a different machine) is building the
project.

It is not clear to me that there is any way of solving this problem, but does
anybody have any suggestions? I imagine I could make it work by including a
special script in the build phase that copies the dylib (the script would be
able to use a path relative to “~"), but I feel there ought to be a more
elegant way than this…

Thanks for any suggestions
Jonny

Details of why I am wanting to do this:
I have had an absolute nightmare trying to build an app that can successfully
call out to python code. If anybody has managed to get this to work reliably
(for python code that imports numpy) then I would be most interested to hear!
Some of the voodoo that I have ended up doing includes copying
libpython2.7.dylib to my application’s bundle (from ~/anaconda/lib/python2.7).
There might be other ways of making it work, but that is part of my
painstakingly-worked-out sequence of things that make it work for me...