On Aug 25, 2016, at 2:04 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

>> On Aug 25, 2016, at 11:53 AM, Carl Hoefs <newsli...@autonomy.caltech.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I figured out that the following is Xcode's humorous way of saying "only
>> change the UI from the main thread". Okay, got it. But what's with all the
>> <redacted> stuff in the call traceback? It make it essentially useless.
>
> Where did you get the backtrace from? Usually when there are no real symbol
> names, it means the app has had debug symbols stripped out and there’s no
> dSYM file available to provide symbol names.
>
> —Jens

Yeah, there's a Strip Debug Symbols build setting that you can turn off.

If you have this from an app's log report, the Mac that you used to build that
app still has the debug symbols and you can symbolicate to get them back and
see what the methods really were.

That's what I was asking about in my previous email.  If that's the case, I can
show you how to do that.

Let us know.

- Alex Zavatone