Hi all

I have written a task converter for Condor flight plans which creates XCSoar .tsk files: https://condorutill.pagesperso-orange.fr/index.html#CoTaCo

As many Condor task-setters appreciate to set altitude limits on start-, finish- and turn-points, the converter adds these altitude limits at the end of the turn-point name: e.g. Megeve[0-25] (maximum start and minimum finish altitudes are always written to the .tsk file header)

This works most of the time, however I have noticed that, especially for the start line, these are not always taken into account (I am aware that by default XCSoar truncates the name to 5 characters and I have made it display the whole TP name)

Apparently, this happens when the start point coincides with a turn-point or airfield that is already known by XCSoar, i.e. referenced in either the .xcm or .cup file, in which case the "database" name is used and not the one in the .tsk file

I have tried different workarounds (setting explicit ID #, etc), but to no avail.

Is there a way to force XCSoar to keep the TP name that has been read in the .tsk file ?

If not, that feature would be greatly appreciated in future releases

Best regards

Marc Till (aka Bre901)