Thank you for your response,

I compiled Linux 3.0.101, sch_plug, and reinstalled remus-drbd.  I still
receive the same error when starting remus:
> xc: error: rdexact failed (select returned 0): Internal error
> xc: error: Error when reading batch size (110 = Connection timed out):
> Internal error
> xc: error: error when buffering batch, finishing (110 = Connection timed
> out): Internal error

The error occurs at an earlier plug/unplug with faster intervals.

I detailed my installation steps on my crude blog I just made, hopefully it
helps:
http://akorzan.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=xen:installation

For Linux I used 3.4 or 3.0 and added the necessary options in make menuconfig.
 For 3.0 I had to get a separate copy of sch_plug.

The only thing I had to differentiate from, is that for the DomU config, I had
to use ["phy:/dev/drbd1,w,xvda"] instead of ["drbd:ubuntu_vm_1,w,xvda"]

On a side note: Interestingly, after changing the Kernel from 3.4 to 3.0 and
installing an external version of sch_plug, provided on the Xen Wiki, pings to
the DomU don't display the delay the network buffering causes, but on longer
intervals you can feel the extra time the pings take to respond.  Weird.

Many Thanks,
Anthony