On 09/20/2017 12:59 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> IAC, if you're concerned about that, I'd much rather put both
>> kill_timer() and xfree() before the critical section, rather than
>> after, like in the attached patch.
>
> Hmm, killing the timer upfront is certainly fine, but is freeing the
> data before removing the element from the list safe not only
> currently, but also going forward?

I agree with Jan -- if you don't want to put the kill_timer() in the
critical section, put it beforehand; but don't free the structure until
after the sdom struct has been removed from the list.

Sorry to be picky, but I'm positive I'm not going to remember this in
six months' time, and I'd just rather be safe.

 -George