On Mon, 2021-08-09 at 21:38 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 09/08/2021 18:35, Julien Grall wrote:
> >
> > This implies that a pCPU may temporarily be assigned to two vCPUs
> > and we
> > expect to be fixed up afterwards. However, a domain may be
> > destroyed
> > before this is happening.
> >
> > So it looks like that unit_deassign() is not able to cope with this
> > case. From a brief look, I think we may want to check if the pCPU
> > is in
> > the wait list. If it is, then we should bail out.
>
> Actually, I was wrong. It looks like null_unit_remove() is already
> checking this condition. Also, the vCPU should be offline (and the
> unit
> as well) because they haven't come online yet:

That's what is currently puzzling me.

I mean, the crash happens in unit_deassign(), called by
null_unit_remove(), called by sched_destroy_vcpu().

And I agree that the unit should be offline, but null_unit_remove()
calls unit_deassign() only if the unit *is* online, so... What's going
on? :-/

Regards
--
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D