On 24/10/2023 16:37, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Tue, 2023-10-24 at 15:20 +0100, Paul Durrant wrote:
On 16/10/2023 16:19, David Woodhouse wrote:
From: David Woodhouse <d...@amazon.co.uk>

The primary console is special because the toolstack maps a page at a
fixed GFN and also allocates the guest-side event channel. Add support
for that in emulated mode, so that we can have a primary console.

Add a *very* rudimentary stub of foriegnmem ops for emulated mode, which
supports literally nothing except a single-page mapping of the console
page. This might as well have been a hack in the xen_console driver, but
this way at least the special-casing is kept within the Xen emulation
code, and it gives us a hook for a more complete implementation if/when
we ever do need one.

Why can't you map the console page via the grant table like the xenstore
page?

I suppose we could, but I didn't really want the generic xen-console
device code having any more of a special case for 'Xen emulation' than
it does already by having to call xen_primary_console_create().

But doesn't is save you the whole foreignmem thing? You can use the grant table for primary and secondary consoles.

  Paul