>>> # How does this impact me?
>>> The contribution workflow is *not* impacted by this change, but once up and
>>> running the following will happen once you post a patch or patch series to
>>> xen-devel:
>>> * Patchwork will take patch series from the mailing list and applies it
>>> * CI/DC testing is triggered
>>> * A test report will be sent as a mail to the patch or the series (aka the
>>> 00 patch of the series)
>>>
>>> This does mean though that series which do not build or show other issues,
>>> will likely not be reviewed until the tests pass. This would lessen the
>>> burden on reviewers, as they will know whether the code submitted builds on
>>> wide array of environments.
>>
>> So how are dependencies between series intended to be dealt with? It
>> is not uncommon for someone to say "applies only on top of xyz". The
>> implication of "will likely not be reviewed until the tests pass" seems
>> unsuitable to me in such a case.
>>

> We have been asking everyone to rebase to staging before posting a new
> version for a long time.  It is natural for the bot to assume that
> everything should apply on top of staging. That would provide most value
> to the community.
>
> For special cases like you just mention, we should aim to provide
> mechanisms to manually appoint a branch to be tested.

Wei, Doug: I have another question, which is mainly for my own understanding.

Right now we allow posting of patches to Linux, Qemu, xen.git, OSSTEST, ... to
xen-devel. The planned CI infrastructure only applies to xen.git. Have you
thought about how to handle such cases?

We probably don't want to spam Linux and Qemu lists with results from a test
bot.
And we want to minimise false positives. Some patches may be identifiable
through subject lines (e.g. OSSTEST in subject lines)

Lars