In the Xen x86 community call we have been discussing whether anyone
really is depending on 32-bit PV guests. We'd like to evaluate whether
anyone would see problems with:

- deprecating 32-bit PV guest support in Xen, meaning that we'd
  eventually switch to support 32-bit PV guests only via PV-shim from
  Xen 4.12 or 4.13

- dropping 32-bit PV support from upstream Linux kernel, resulting in
  current 32-bit PV guests no longer being able to upgrade to the newest
  kernel version any longer

And related to that:

- is there any Linux distribution still shipping 32-bit PV-capable
  systems?

- what about BSD? Is 32-bit PV support important there?

Juergen