On 8/15/19 4:36 PM, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> On 15/08/2019 16:32, George Dunlap wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> I can see two ways:
>>>
>>>    1) One series per project and mention in the cover letter that
>>> modifications are required in another project (with link/title).
>>>    2) Combine all the patches in one series and tag them differently.
>>> I.e
>>> [XEN] [LIVEPATCH].
>>>
>>> 1) is preferable if you have a lot of patches in each repo. 2) can be
>>> handy if you have only a couple of patches for one repo.
>>
>> 1 is also easier for automated tools (like patchew) to deal with.
>
> Out of interest, in general developer will tend to cross-post those
> patches. So in what way this would make it easier?

If you have two separate series, then patchew will be able to handle one
and not handle the other.  If they're mixed in a single series, patchew
won't be able to handle it at all.  At the moment patchew doesn't do
anything but give you a nice mbox / git branch to pull; but eventually
the idea is that it will do some level of testing and give feedback
(patch does/n't apply, patch does/n't build, patch does/n't pass smoke
tests / &c).

 -George