On 13/03/2020 09:26, Jan Beulich wrote:
> All CPUs get an equal setting of EOI broadcast suppression; no need to
> log one message per CPU, even if it's only in verbose APIC mode.
>
> Only the BSP is eligible to possibly get ExtINT enabled; no need to log
> that it gets disabled on all APs, even if - again - it's only in verbose
> APIC mode.

How true is this in practice?

I know it is certainly the recommended configuration, but interrupt
remapping can definitely point ExtINT at arbitrary CPUs, and IIRC, the
MP spec simply says that "only one CPU should be configured to receive
ExtINT".

I know we definitely have bugs with ExiINT handling, but I haven't had
time to debug further.

~Andrew