Hi Xen Dev Community,

I ran into an issue when implementing a prototype for a new paravirtualized
clock for x86-64 hosts. I extended the arch_shared_info struct by 6 fields
totaling at 36 bytes. I updated the xen-foreign/references.size to represent
the new size of the arch_shared_info struct. The fields are correctly updated
in Xen and I am also able to read the correct information stored from dom0.
However, if I try to start a hvm VM with pvh extensions it does not boot
telling me that "This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686
CPU.". I have rebuild my Linux domU kernel just as the dom0 kernel and
everything should be compatible. To me this looks like Xen or libxc does some
compatibility checks before booting up my HVM domU and decides to downgrade the
detectable CPU due to some issue that I am not aware of. Do I miss something?
Is my approach to extend the arch_shared_info wrong in the first place? I am
really thankful for some advice or pointers what is happening here.

Best

Jan

CONFIDENTIALITY: The contents of this e-mail are confidential and intended only
for the above addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or the
person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, copying or
delivering it to anyone else or using it in any unauthorized manner is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please
notify the sender and the systems administrator at straym...@tttech.com
immediately.