Am Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:49:59 +0200
schrieb Jan Beulich <jbeul...@suse.com>:

> On 28.04.2021 09:50, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > Is there an API to get a list of PFNs which are currently being active in
> > the grant table for a given domid?
> Do you really mean PFNs?

The save/restore code uses the term "pfn" to refer to page indices from the
domU point of view. Since I usually just follow the HVM code paths, the term
might indeed be incorrect for PV.

> Also, what do you mean by "active in the grant table"?

I'm not familiar with grants. My guess is, a domU pro-actively shares some of
its pages with someone else. These shared pages have to be tracked somewhere,
and I guess Xen has to establish proper access permissions for such pages. I
guess the "grant table" is the place where things are collected.

Looking through xen/grant_table.h, I see no API. But that might be the wrong
place anyway.

Olaf