I have been distracted tracking another bug...

Here's where I got:

The machine is a new (April 2005) HP rx2620 so it is
not old firmware.   I can't reproduce it on a machine
with an ITP (which does have older firmware).

This PAL call is never used in Linux, though there is a
routine coded for it.  It is the only
PAL call coded in Linux that occurs with psr.ic off.

The crash I am seeing occurs either during the PAL call or
immediately upon return.

Is it OK to