Hi Dan.

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 09:26:26AM -0800, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort
Collins) wrote:
> Could you explain what you are planning to use the mpt_table
> for?  I think I understand that this is needed for x86
> (especially shadow mode) but don't see where it will be used
> for ia64, regardless of the memory model.  And if it IS needed
> later, won't it need to be per-domain (or at least will need
> to return both a phys mapping and a domain)?

mpt_table is used as a temporal work around.

It is used for Linux bus_to_virt(), pci_dac_dma_to_page(dev,dma_addr) and
linux-2.6-xen-sparse/drivers/xen/xenbus/xenbus_comms.c
static inline struct xenstore_domain_interface *xenstore_domain_interface(void)
{
        return mfn_to_virt(xen_start_info->store_mfn);
}

bus_to_virt() is deprecated (unfortunately some drivers still use it) and
pci_dac_dma_to_page() seems not to be used.
However xenstore_domain_interface() is needed to boot domU.
(I'm trying to do now.)
Pseudo physical address should be used instead of machine address
on xen/ia64. But xenstore_domain_interface() is in common code
so that it might take time to modify it. So I used mpt_table
as a temporal work around.

--
yamahata