On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 12:00 +0800, Tian, Kevin wrote:

> BTW, when you observed domU network degradation, how about
> the network of dom0? If dom0 is not affected, it's obvious that the
> whole event path is placed lower priority than whole interrupt path,
> and thus affects virtual drivers. If that's the case, I'll check whether
> some logic can be added to match original flow.

   It appears dom0 is not affected and has good throughput.  Here's an
interesting observation though; if I wget from dom0 and domU at the same
time, dom0 is a little slower (~82MB/s), but the domU throughput
actually increases while the wget in dom0 is running.  According to
nload, domU's throughput nearly doubles for the brief time dom0's wget
is running.  Even wget'ing a different file off the server with dom0
causes domUs wget to speed up.  Perhaps an indication that your priority
hunch is correct?  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab