On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 11:05:55AM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:

> > No one talks about trusting domU. I'm not digging into xen/x86's code
> > to see how they prevent such malicious behavior by passing an incorrect
> > virtual address at domain unmap request. Maybe the solution is there,
> > maybe not. Anyway it's a common security issue, not specific to ia64.
> No, it is specific to ia64, because x86 purges the tlb.
> Our main problem is purge time: it is a simple instruction on x86 (reloading
> cr3, maybe through IPI), while a lot of works on ia64.

xen/x86 is simple because dom0 works without autotranslate mode.

How about xen/x86 with autotranslate mode set?
I don't know blkback can work with autotrans mode set.
Netback with autotranslate mode set on xen/x86 doesn't work and
no one is working on it. At least Keir said so when I asked it.

--
yamahata