On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 10:57 -0700, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort
Collins) wrote:
> >    I also don't agree that the Xen keytable is only for
> > developers.  It
> > may be that this is an important debugging tool and therefore required
> > to be able to support a real customer.  I'd rather see this feature on
> > by default so it's there for in-the-field debugging later, and so that
> > the xen/ia64 community uses it and makes sure it works.  Thanks,
>
> You may want to ask about this in xen-devel.  Long
> ago iirc there was some concern expressed that the
> keytable might present possible security holes (maybe
> DoS attacks)?

   Security is a shaky argument when it comes to the console for me.
Personally, I almost think of the console as a form of physical access
to the system.  Access to the console should be secured at a higher
level.  Just my 2 cents though.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.