On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 15:06 +0900, Isaku Yamahata wrote:
> Hi Alex.
>
> If CONFIG_FLATMEM=y is enabled(xenLinux default is so),
> it seems sane that the total is about 5GB.
> Do disabling CONFIG_FLATMEM=n and enabling CONFIG_DISCONTIGMEM=y
> (or CONFIG_SPARSEMEM=y) make difference?
> And I also noticed that xenLinux default config disables
> CONFIG_VIRTUAL_MEM_MAP=n.
> Since dom0 may see underlying machine memory layout with the patch,
> should we revise default Linux config?

Hi Isaku,

   Yes, I think we'll need to switch to discontig/sparsemem for the dom0
kernel if the memmory map is going to reflect the bare metal hardware
memory layout.  Unfortunately, just switching to discontig w/ virtual
memmap does not solve the problem I'm seeing.  The dom0 kernel reports
the correct amount of memory early in bootup.  Perhaps the balloon
driver is causing this(?)  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.