Isaku Yamahata wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:59:58AM +0800, Zhang, Jingke wrote:
>>     3. IPF-Xen can not boot up domain with dom_id > 62 (not
>> regression, should be there for a long time)
>
> Long ago, I posted the patch to address this issue.
> Probably there are two ways. (Is there other better way?)
>
> a.) abandon the rid partitioning, and flush mTLB every time vcpu
>     context switch.

Current kvm adopts this method, we didn't find any performance regression
through benchmark. But sine the architecture difference between xen and kvm, so
maybe should investigate more through enough benchmark data.

>     (some bits of rid space needs to be reserved for real mode
> emulation.)
>
> b.) keep the rid partitioning and allow rid collision.
>     When vcpu context switch, check the rid collision and
>     flush mTLB if necessary.
>
> Benchmark would be necessary to decide which one is better and
> to estimate performance degradation.
> I implemented b). However no one has implemented a).
> So no further step was taken.

I thought Jingke isn't saying this  topic. What he found maybe he failed to
create the domain when the domain is created and destoryed continuously for
more 62 times. Seems the issue is from  the the algorithm for deallocating rid
blocks doesn't work, when destroying the guest.
Xiantao