Maria Butrico wrote:

You are correct. The output is stopping, but the machine is up. I cannot ssh to it tho, but I can ping it. It has been more than 15 minutes since I rebooted so it's not that it has not had time to start all the things. How far did you get and did you see all the console output? I was using the nfsroot from kmac and I retried with the ones on kreg. Things improved once I removed the console= directive from the command line. Now I see why sshd and a few other things did not start. My message is

/etc/init.d/sshd start
* Starting sshd...modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.17-Xen/modules.dep: No such file or directory

I am sending to the entire list as things might be of general interest again.

This is a portion of the console output

+ mount -n -t devfs none /dev
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.17-Xen/modules.dep: No such file or directory

mount: unknown filesystem type 'devfs'

<snip>

+ /etc/init.d/sshd start
* Starting sshd...modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.17-Xen/modules.dep: No such file or directory

And a few others.