On Jul 27, 2006, at 3:12 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

Remind me why we're using start_info instead of properties in the Open
Firmware device tree?

point, counter point (SI == why start_info, OF == why not all OF devtree) SI: start_info contains members that could have their values changed before the kernel is "restored"
     from either a checkpoint or a migration.
OF: since we source this information from "within" the domain (console_mfn, store_mfn, etc) we do not
     expect most if not all of them to change.

 SI: There are about 30 references to this structure in drivers/xen
OF: we could build start_info in the kernel from devtree information rather then build it in libxc and map it.

SI: Not sure we are ready to invent _everything_ until it is all fully understood
 OF: scardy-cat!

 SI: we really do not have a dynamic devtree for DomU
 OF: that is until Hollis finishes the code that provides one.

-JX