On Jul 27, 2006, at 3:45 PM, Maria Butrico wrote:

Maria Butrico wrote:

Things improved once I removed the console= directive from the command line. Now I see why sshd and a few other things did not start.

cool I'm glad things are working.

This is a portion of the console output

+ mount -n -t devfs none /dev
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.17-Xen/ modules.dep: No such file or directory

Since we statically link into the kernel almost everything you need, the moddep messages are simply an annoyance, because you are not building modules and you have not installed them.

mount: unknown filesystem type 'devfs'

Uh oh, I don't think this is even an option for our Xen kernel, IIRC devfs is long dead.
Your rootfs is showing its age.

+ /etc/init.d/sshd start

no /dev (from devfs or udev) ... no /dev/pts ... no sshd