On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 19:37 -0400, Amos Waterland wrote:
> The below patch allows Xen/PPC to support the console=comX option
> that Xen/x86 uses.  With this patch applied, one need simply
> supply CMDLINE="console=com2" on the make invocation to get proper use
> of the physical serial port on a JS21.

Have you tried the (off-list) suggestion that was made for SLOF:
        setenv direct-serial? true
        nvupdate

If that doesn't work, we need to complain to the SLOF guys. If it does
work, it sounds like that solves your problem?

Anyways, it looks like your patch is not specific to JS2x, isn't very
invasive, and provides useful functionality that x86 already has. So
it's OK with me after you do the following:
- update the copyright year at the top of the file
- I would prefer strcmp() rather than strstr() here
- put newlines after your if statements
- add a comment above the "pruning" loop explaining
  a) that we're pruning all serial devices other than the one pointed to
by /chosen/stdout
  b) why we need to prune anything at all

Thanks!

--