[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 09/13/2006 11:00:16 AM:

> That is where the (non-inline) ACM/multiboot functions should live; not
> in a header file.

I could move them there but that would include the architecture-dependent #ifdef's.

> > What about the multiboot code. Do you think PPC will be able to also
> > use this part? Not that I would move it, it's more out of curiosity.
>
> Well, that ifdef will need changing. Why must it exist at all, is it
> some weirdness of Xen/x86-64?

Yes, on x86-64 we need that. It would be possible to define MACROs for x86-64 and i386 so the code could look the same. It will be necessary to do either that for ia64 and ppc as well, or we just leave the #ifdef's in the ACM code. Either way is fine by me. From what I could find, there's at least grub available for ia64, so chances that ia64 can also use the multiboot code are high.

   Stefan