On Sep 13, 2006, at 2:36 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 14:27 -0400, poff wrote:
1. Omitting 'console=...' got things much further

2. Looks like system is now sitting with root prompt?
   Can ping, but ssh gets 'connection refused'.
   (and cannot type at serial port, per usual)

How is that usual?

hollis is correct, you should be able to get input even from SOL.

   In our lab, SOL is broken, so would really like ssh...

from ofd_fixup.c:
     static char default_bootargs[] = "init=/bin/bash ip=dhcp
root=/dev/hda2 ide=nodma";

I updated the wiki on this now.
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPPC/Build#head- f35225f5bc70b83a18cb78297550249ce3bf5b16

This is not how we usually set boot args, what you want to do is build Xen with CMDLINE=" -- root=/dev/hda2" You may want to verify that linux is indeed installed in /dev/hda2 which it looks like it is.

If you want ssh, you need init scripts to run, so you're going to need
to drop the init=/bin/bash here.

You also do not want anything else from here since your linux install should have ip setup and DMa on IDE is supported just fine.

What you may want to add is "sysrq=1 debug" to aid in debugging output of linux.

-JX