On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 09:51:05AM -0500, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> I'm happy to accommodate netbooting large clusters, but I'm asking you
> to simplify this situation, not make it more complex.

In order to scale to large clusters, one must have flexible and
policy-free software.  Right now Xen has a certain policy hard-coded
in it: namely, that the firmware-supplied bootargs always take
precedence over the builtin bootargs with no option to change.  This
patch is three lines of code, makes Xen more flexible, removes a
hard-coded policy, and solves a real-world problem.  Seen in that light,
I hope you will reconsider your objection.