On Oct 10, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

(Note: I'm going only on the information provided in this mail, so if
I'm missing a bigger picture, please let me know)

REASON: Device is not actually attached to domU FAIL:
04_block_attach_device_repeatedly_pos.test

This test starts a domain (not necessarily with any disk) and
attaches and detaches a disk several times.

JX> the scrip tbuild for 01_block_attach_device_pos.test is missing
JX> the "disk=" definition.

...which is perfectly valid...
Ok.

JX> This is not easily fixed AFAICT.

The domain configuration object will create a "disk=" line if disks
have been added to the domain object before the domain is created.

This one does since 01_block_attach_device_pos.py has:
config = {"disk":"phy:/dev/ram0,hda1,w"}
domain = XmTestDomain(extraConfig=config)

and it does not make it thru, are you saying something strips it? am I missing something?

JX> Any thougths on this would be appreciated.

Does block-{attach,detach} work on PPC?

How can I tell?! :-D
-JX