On Oct 14, 2006, at 1:22 PM, poff wrote:

'restore' maps guest memory then reads the saved memory image from disk. xc_get_pfn_list() provides mfns of guest memory, used for mapping the guest pages.

When using these mfns, the system crashes. Ki realized these mfns are too small. Also when creating a new domain, the console prints message whenever RMA is allocated;
however, when restoring a domain, there is no RMA message...

Looking through python code, RMA is created via allocMem, in XenDomainInfo.py. However, allocMem is called only during initDomain for 'domain creation'.
'domain recreation' does not invoke allocMem...

Dan, we assumed that xend built a domain shell before the restor process, is this not the case. Are the hcalls we are missing, can you exactly describe the restore process as it is currently designed?
-JX