> Dan, we assumed that xend built a domain shell before the restor
> process, is this not the case.

The restore code does not call initDomain(), so allocMem() is never run:
If I change restore to include initDomain(), then good mfns showup...
Uncomfortable with this 'hack' - don't know where initDomain() came from,
and why it was omitted from restore code?

XendDomainInfo.py:
def create(config):
    """Create a VM from a configuration.

    @param config    configuration
    @raise: VmError for invalid configuration
    """

    log.debug("XendDomainInfo.create(%s)", config)

    vm = findDomainClass()(parseConfig(config))
    try:
        vm.construct()
        vm.initDomain()
        vm.storeVmDetails()
        vm.storeDomDetails()
        vm.registerWatches()
        vm.refreshShutdown()
        return vm
    except:
        log.exception('Domain construction failed')
        vm.destroy()
        raise

def restore(config):
    """Create a domain and a VM object to do a restore.

    @param config: domain configuration
    """

    log.debug("XendDomainInfo.restore(%s)", config)

    vm = findDomainClass()(parseConfig(config), None, None, False, False, True)
    try:
        vm.construct()
        vm.storeVmDetails()
        vm.createDevices()