On Oct 19, 2006, at 3:29 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:

On 18/10/06 10:57 pm, "Jimi Xenidis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It looks like IA64 has introduced a start_pfn for xc_get_pfn_list().
The PPC port requires this as well since it allows us to fill in the
page_array a little bit at a time.

I can either replicate the IA64 ifdef logic (yuk!) or we can formally
add a start_pfn to this interface, since it _is_ a formal member of
the data structure.

I'll take a stab at it, if it is acceptable.

Where is the ifdef logic?
  #ifndef __ia64__
  int xc_get_pfn_list(int xc_handle,
                    uint32_t domid,
                    xen_pfn_t *pfn_buf,
                    unsigned long max_pfns)

the patch would change this "libxc private" interface to

  int xc_get_pfn_list(int xc_handle,
                    uint32_t domid,
                    xen_pfn_t *pfn_buf,
+                   xen_pfn_t start_pfn,
                    unsigned long max_pfns)

use the start_pfn member of struct xen_domctl_getmemlist
Fix all callers and change xen to pay attention to it, I think I have the x86-xen patch.