On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:54:47AM -0400, Jimi Xenidis wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2006, at 12:22 AM, Amos Waterland wrote:
> > Note that the flurry of IPIs generated by domain creation seems to
> > be a waste of time.  Xen on x86 doesn't actually to do anything in
> > response to them, so I have made Xen on PPC properly deliver the
> > event check  but then do nothing as well.  Comments?

What do you think we should be doing in response to these event check
IPIs?  I thought that there were hopes of improving interactivity of
single-cpu systems ...

> I know this is RFC, and you know I'm a bug fan of BUG(), but
> eventually I'd expect:
>   BUG_ON(!action)
>   if (!action)
>       return -ENOMEM

I think your comments here are predicated on the assumption that BUG
macros become noops when not compiling with debug.  That is not the case
in Xen, so I thought it was a waste of time to put in extra code.  Do
you think it might someday not be the case?