Hi Yi, a few general comments about submitting patches:
1. As I told you before, do not use Thunderbird. It corrupts the
whitespace so your patches do not apply.
2. You should include a "patch 0" with a description of what this
patchset accomplishes. The description should also indicate if
you believe the patches are ready to be applied, or if you're
just sending them out to get comments from other developers.
Tools like "hg email" (part of the "MQ" Mercurial extension)
will do this for you automatically.
3. Each patch should contain a single logical change. For example,
adding support for "getshadowlist" should be a single patch,
with no unrelated changes in it.
4. Each patch should apply, build, and accomplish something useful
depending only on the patches before it. In this case, patches 1
and 2 won't even build, because XEN_DOMCTL_getshadowlist isn't
defined until patch 3. As maintainer, I should be able to accept
only patch 1, or only patches 1 and 2, or patches 1, 2, and 3.
5. You must include a Signed-off-by line with each patch. See
for the explanation.
IBM Linux Technology Center
Xen-ppc-devel mailing list