On 27/2/07 00:05, "Hollis Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't believe that's a concern, since updating
> grant_table->nr_grant_frames is the very last step in
> gnttab_grow_table(), and it will only grow.

If there's a memory barrier before the update of nr_grant_frames, explicitly
or implied, then removing the locking from add_to_physmap is fine. Otherwise
not: reading an integer is atomic, but using that as a flag to indicate
presence of other state updated under the same lock is just a little bit
suspect (but might be okay).

 -- Keir