Jimi Xenidis wrote:

On Jun 4, 2007, at 10:09 PM, 조승모 wrote:

I'd like to see the performance data of XenPPC, i.e. overhead due to xen.

It seems that the original Xen-x86 has overhead about 5%. Is it also true for XenPPC?
Unfortunately, but we have none. We have mostly been focusing on functionality.
-JX
Like any other virtualization overhead measurement this depends extremely on the workload you think of. It is always possible to create synthetic workloads that have a huge or also others that have nearly no overhead. As Jimi wrote we have currently no measurements, but it would be nice to know what workloads you would have in mind.

Grüsse / regards, Christian Ehrhardt

IBM Linux Technology Center, Open Virtualization
+49 7031/16-3385
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Johann Weihen Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen