>> Now, the last issue remaining for me is the backend drivers. My
>> understanding is that, in the absence of backends being accepted
>> upstream, we can use QEMU-based drivers. This would be acceptable for
>> our work. Has anyone been using these with Fedora 15?

> In theory the block driver should work in 4.1.0, though I am not
> sure about the net driver. In practise I have failed so far to get
> the block driver working so far. This post today
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-01/msg01847.html
> talks about what block driver configurations should work.

I have written the following domain config (to try to force the QEMU
block backend):

kernel   =   '/tmp/openwrt-x86-xen_domu-vmlinuz'
memory   =    32
# NOTE: Generated with qemu-img convert -f raw -O qcow2 input.img output.qcow2
disk     = [ 'tap:qcow2:/tmp/openwrt-x86-xen_domu-rootfs-ext2.qcow2,xvda,r', ]
vif      = [ 'bridge=virbr0' ]
name     =   '2.6.38-DomU-Test'
root     =   '/dev/xvda1'
on_crash =   'destroy'

When I boot, I get:

[...]
NET: Registered protocol family 17
802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8 Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com>
All bugs added by David S. Miller <da...@redhat.com>
Using IPI No-Shortcut mode
XENBUS: Waiting for devices to initialise: 295s...290s...285s...280s...

When I try to use:

disk     = [ 'file:/tmp/openwrt-x86-xen_domu-rootfs-ext2.img,xvda,r', ]

I get:

[No boot]
Error: Device 51712 (vbd) could not be connected. Path closed or removed during
hotplug add: backend/vbd/13/51712 state: 1

--
Mike

:wq