Are they on the same network or clan? Is the firewall or host.allow file blocking you or maybe selinux? Is it a windows machine trying to get the address or linux? Do you see anything in the logs or only in tcpdump?

Jon

-----Original message-----
From: Roberto Fichera <ker...@tekno-soft.it>
To: Marko Ristola <marko.rist...@kolumbus.fi>
Cc: xen@lists.fedoraproject.org
Sent: Fri, Mar 4, 2011 17:39:06 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [Fedora-xen] Dom0 running dhcpd and domU dhclient won't work on the same machine

On 03/04/2011 05:17 PM, Marko Ristola wrote:
04.03.2011 14:16, Roberto Fichera kirjoitti:
Hi All,

does anyone has the same problem on the same configuration?
Basically all the domU aren't able to get their ip address from the DHCPD
server running under the same dom0 with kernel
2.6.32.26-174.xendom0.fc12.x86_64.
I tried different domU kernels but it seems doesn't work at all.

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.
Roberto Fichera.
It should be solvable by configuring.

I use bridge device br0, a remote dnsmasq server for DHCP and DNS.
sysctl.conf is
configured so that br0 works as expected: passes DHCP requests thrue.

Your case is different than mine, so you need different configurations.

Googling examples is a good start.
You could try to use iptables LOG rules to track down problems.

I mean, it seems working because the dhcpd log shows that the requests
are coming from the domU but the domU doesn't get the DHCPD answare.

I also read about setting off ethernet tx offload under dom0 via "ethtool -K eth0 tx off"
but it seems not helping to solve anything, at least in my case.

Which kind of configuration you made in your side?

Regards,
Marko Ristola