----- Forwarded message from Keir Fraser <keir....@gmail.com> -----
From: Keir Fraser <keir....@gmail.com>
To: "xen-de...@lists.xensource.com" <xen-de...@lists.xensource.com>,
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:11:53 +0000
Subject: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Xen 4.1 released!
The Xen team is pleased to announce the release of Xen 4.1.
The result of nearly 12 months of development, new features include:
* A re-architected and improved XL toolstack replacing XM/XEND
* Prototype credit2 scheduler designed for latency-sensitive workloads and
very large systems.
* CPU Pools for advanced partitioning.
* Support for large systems (>255 processors)
* Support for x86 Advanced Vector eXtension (AVX).
* New Memory Access API enabling integration of 3rd party security
solutions into Xen virtualized environments.
* Many IOMMU fixes (both Intel VT-d IOMMU and AMD IOMMU).
* Many toolstack and buildsystem fixes for Linux and NetBSD hosts.
* Thirdparty libs: libvirt driver for libxl has been merged to upstream
* HVM guest PXE boot enhancements, replacing gPXE with iPXE.
* Even better stability through our new automated regression tests.
Detailed release notes, including a more extensive feature list:
To download tarballs:
Or the Mercurial source repository (tag 'RELEASE-4.1.0'):
And the announcement on the Xen blog:
Thanks to the many people who have contributed to this release!
The Xen Team
Xen-devel mailing list
----- End forwarded message -----
xen mailing list