On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

So with extra="console=hvc0 loglevel=8
root=live:http://build/tftpboot/f17-i386/LiveOS/squashfs.img";

I was able to succesfully install, but booting proved interestingly.

When trying the 'pygrub' it would complain about the 'No OS loader', but if I
ran
it on the disk (pygrub /dev/vg_guest/f17_32) it would extract the payload
properly.
(This is with xen-4.1.2-6.fc16). So I worked around by taking those images
directly:

kernel="/var/run/xend/boot/boot_kernel.jIsJmr"
ramdisk="/var/run/xend/boot/boot_ramdisk.I4rBjo"
extra="root=/dev/mapper/vg_f17-lv_root ro rd.md=0 rd.lvm.lv=vg_f17/lv_swap
SYSFONT=True  KEYTABLE=us rd.lvm.lv=vg_f17/lv_root rd.luks=0 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
rd.dm=0"

pygrub works for me via xl. It may be a result of how you are booting the guest.

And when booting F17 either as HVM or PV, in both cases I got Xorg to
tell me:

(EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument

and freeze.

That seems to be harmless. However I do get the "an error has occurred" message instead of the gdm login screen though until I removed the fprintd package (and the dependent fprintd-pam package).

        Michael Young