On Sat, 7 Apr 2012, Lars Bjørndal wrote:

As I'm blind and don't use any X or GUI, I think I don't need the colord
process, so I did 'killall -9 /usr/libexec/colord'. However, this
doesn't work from a script, like /etc/rc.d/rc.local, and I need to do it
manually after every reboot.

Where is colord started, and how can I get rid of the process?

I don't know, but if it isn't started by one of the X related processes like gnome-shell, then it might be something like cups (the printing daemon). You could always try deleting the package (eg. rpm -e colord ) and see what packages require it.

        Michael Young