On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Dario Faggioli <raist...@linux.it> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 11:04 -0400, Gordon McLellan wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> Hi,
> > Is anyone running FC 17 beta as a Dom0 / DomU on Xen 4, on Sandy
> > Bridge hardware?
> >
> Not yet... I'm planning to do so ASAP.
> > I've been trying and trying to get xen going on my new sandy-e system
> > and have gotten the hypervisor to load but the dom0 kernel panics
> > during boot.
> >

> > I dug up an old copy of FC 15, will try my luck there next.
> >
> Never tried FC15 either, but just installing the xen packages in FC16
> brought up a working virtualization environment every time I tried. I'll
> give it a go again (no, I  don't have them installed right now) and let
> you know if that still works for me.
> Regards,
> Dario

Yes, 16 is what I meant to type (oops).  I did a minimal install, and
without updating, did a yum install xen, tweaked around with grub.cfg and
the network-scripts a little and boom hypervisor and dom0 up and running,
with VT-d support.

Tried the same thing with 17 again and could not get the dom0 kernel to
boot successfully.

I'm going to buy a serial card for this machine so I can do the serial
console on Xen and get more information. But so far, so good!