Hello,

I just did some installs with F17 RC4 (the GA version) as a Xen VM.

Xen host/dom0: RHEL 5.8 x86_64 with the included Xen rpms.

Tested F17 RC4 VMs:

        - 32bit F17 PV domU: graphical GUI install works OK using the Xen
vfb/pvfb
          but Xorg fails to start during normal boot after installation.

        - 64bit F17 PV domU: graphical GUI install works OK using the Xen
vfb/pvfb
          but Xorg fails to start during normal boot after installation.

        - 32bit F17 PVHVM guest: X fails to start so VNC install must be used,
install works OK thru VNC.
          Xorg fails to start during normal boot after installation.

        - 64bit F17 PVHVM guest: X fails to start so VNC install must be used,
install works OK thru VNC.
          Xorg fails to start during normal boot after installation.

(PVHVM == HVM fully virtualized guest with optimized Xen PV drivers.
Optimized Xen PVHVM drivers are nowadays included and used as a default with
recent upstream Linux kernel versions (2.6.36+), so disk/net IO doesn't have to
be emulated by Xen Qemu-dm.)

I wonder if the problem with X failing to start is related to:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DRI2DriversOnly

Xen HVM guests have Qemu-dm emulated Cirrus VGA adapter (or stdvga) visible to
the VM..
which doesn't have DRM/KMS drivers, and I think it's the same for xen-fbfront.
I think I saw Cirrus (Qemu) DRM/KMS driver being worked on dri-devel
mailinglist..

Any ideas/comments?

-- Pasi