On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 12:50 +0100, M A Young wrote:
> I contacted the people behind the the Fedora Seure Boot feature and got
> the following responses, from Peter Jones:

Wow, cool, thanks a lot!

> Okay, to be honest I don't remember much about Xen's layout - dom0 is the
> management kernel the hypervisor starts? So, depending on how xen works,
> there
> are probably more things that need to be done in the hypervisor than in
> the
> kernel, because the hypervisor is the part that does most physical memory
> accesses, and that's where there's a worry about faking SB=0 and launching
> windows.
>
> At the very least, the hypervisor will a) need to be an efi binary, and b)
> need to be signed with the fedora kernel-signing key.
> It may also need to be
> audited for any command line options that allow physical memory access or
> other similar things, analogous to Matthew's kernel patch for linux.

As others have said, all the above should or will be fine, I guess.

The only thing that comes to my mind is PCI passthrough, as it probably
could be thought at something allowing physical memory accesses... Or is
the control Xen/qemu provides over it sufficient? (Again, I think the
same could apply to KVM, right?).

Thanks again and Regards,
Dario